Describe why Social Psychology Includes self and identity just as why cultural studies uses self and identity and explain why it relates to cultural studies.
Describe the nature of our self-concept and discuss how our beliefs about ourselves influence our thoughts and actions.
2. Describe the factors that shape our self-concept.
3. Discuss research findings regarding the accuracy of our self-knowledge.
4. Define self-efficacy and explain its relationship to behavior.
5. Give several examples of the self-serving bias and discuss why people perceive themselves in self-enhancing ways.
6. Describe how the self-serving bias can be adaptive but also maladaptive.
7. Show how tactics of impression management may lead to false modesty or self-defeating behavior.