Module 5 Discussion 2: Disease Analysis Journal
This module, you will find articles of interest around the following areas: endocrine system diseases, the musculoskeletal system, and integumentary system diseases. These systems govern our physical and emotional place in the world, and can impact us accordingly if we were to suffer from any of these diseases. Think about how these disorders can impact how a person lives day-to-day.
You should spend approximately 10 hours on this assignment.
1. From the list of selected readings below, choose two with topics that you know the least about or are most interesting to you.
2. Then search for, read, and incorporate other readings of your choice in your area of interest that focus on endocrine system diseases, the musculoskeletal system, and/or integumentary system diseases. You might include:
-1-2 journal articles or websites
-Book chapters (past textbooks may be good options)
-Your goal is to have a total of at least 60 pages of content read.
3. Your summary of each reading should be at least one paragraph (100-200 words) and include the following information:
-All references must be cited using APA Style format. Please refer to the CCCOnline APA Citation Toolkit.
-Number of pages read
-Keywords you used to find the reading
-A link to the reading
-Why you selected the reading
-The main point of the reading
-Describe how the health deviations you read about alter normal physiology.
-Provide your key takeaway from the reading. This could be something that made you pause, changed your thinking, supported your thinking, or made you question something.
4. Attach your Word document to a post in the Module 5 Discussion 2: Disease Analysis Journal discussion board. This will alert your peers and instructor that you have completed your journal assignment for this module. It should include all your journal assignments from the previous modules.
5. In your post, identify how the specific conditions discussed in each reading could impact a persons connection to the world. List the prognosis of the condition and how you, as a future medical professional, would provide support to your patient.
Selected Readings (Login S ID: S02376483)
Choose two readings. All readings are available through the CCCOnline Library in CINAHL Plus With Full Text.
1. Abdel-Motleb, M. (2012). The neuropsychiatric aspect of Addison’s disease: A case report. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience, 9(10), 34-36.
2. Berge, L. I., & Riise, T. (2015). Comorbidity between Type 2 Diabetes and Depression in the Adult Population: Directions of the Association and Its Possible Pathophysiological Mechanisms. International Journal of Endocrinology, 2015, 17.
3. Bishop, S. M., Walker, M. D., & Spivak, I. M. (2013). Family presence in the adult burn intensive care unit during dressing changes. Critical Care Nurse, 33(1), 14-24. doi:10.4037/ccn2013116
4. Won, J. Y, Hwang, H. B., & Chung, S. K. (2015). A case of corneal cystinosis in a patient with rickets and chronic renal failure. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 63(10), 785-787. doi:10.4103/0301-4738.171509
5. McMaster, M. E., Lee, A. J., & Burwell, R. G. (2015). Physical activities of patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS): Preliminary longitudinal case – control study historical evaluation of possible risk factors. Scoliosis, 10(1), 1-10. doi:10.1186/s13013-015-0029-8
6. Schwanke, J. (2010). Birthmarks in newborns can signal later problems. Contemporary Pediatrics, 27(7), 24-26.
7. Walker, P. (1996). Port wine stains: Laser treatment and nursing management. British Journal of Nursing, 5(20), 1235-1240.