Select one of the questions below for your essay. You will require a thesis statement and in-text citations from the primary text and any secondary sources you use. The essay should follow APA formatting. Length should be 1000-1500 words.
Question Option #5:
The creation of art can be a way of ordering chaos, righting wrongs, and bearing witness to the past. Consider the video Watch Can Art be Medicine: http://vimeo.com/30252393 (Links to an external site.) and the attributes of Art Therapy. Discuss how Seven Fallen Feathers might function as a type of therapy for the Indigenous communities, the families of the seven fallen feathers, readers, and/or various communities.
Your essay will:
– Follow standard, academic essay form throughout. Note this does not mean you must limit yourself to the 5 paragraph model. The longer the essay, the more paragraphs you will need. The essay will, however, include an introduction and clear thesis statement, body paragraphs with clear claims and support, and a conclusion that revisits (but does not repeat) your thesis.
– Follow APA rules for page formatting and citations as outlined in the Mohawk Library cite or OWL Purdues website https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ Include a standard cover page with relevant information and proper formatting, as well as APA-style headers and pagination throughout the essay, a complete references page, and careful, accurate in-text citation. Note: an abstract is NOT required for this assignment. Sub-headings are also not appropriate for an English essay.
– Use support from the primary text in the form of direct quotations.The primary text (Seven Fallen Feathers) must appear in the Works Cited.
– You may also include at least two credible secondary sources found through the Academic Search Premier Database on the BRAIN, peer-reviewed journals, or other online credible sources. The Academic Search Premier Database has been specifically recommended for students of health sciences. As academic sources are expected at a post-secondary level, this assignment will give you a chance to familiarize yourself with database use and professional content.
– Length: 1000-1500 words not counting the cover page, or the references page. Essays that are significantly below or above these limits will lose points; plan your argument accordingly.
– This essay must be submitted to the dropbox and will be subject to Turnitin technology. Plagiarism will result in a grade of zero. Be very careful with your citation and clearly show direct quotations. If summarizing/paraphrasing, use appropriate signaler such as According to X, In X, Y states that. . . .