Answer each question below in short answer format. Be sure to answer each component of each question.
1. Why do many historians consider the Reconstruction Era a major reform period in American History? What were some of its successful reforms and what were some of its shortcomings?
2. List at least 3 examples that show how the incorporation of the West was a big, federal government project.
3. What was the Great Transformation?
4. List at least two positives and at least three negatives that came about because of the Great Transformation.
5. What is our class’s definition of Progressivism?
6. What set of problems was the Progressive Era responding to? What were some of the successful progressive reforms and what were some of the shortcomings of the reform effort?
7. What are the four periods of reform in American History?