Write a brief criticalsynopsis of each journal, book, etc. on your topic. After going through yourreading list, you will have an abstract or annotation of each source you read.Later annotations are likely to include more references to other works sinceyou will have your previous readings to compare, but, at this point, theimportant goal is to get accurate critical summaries of each individual work.Each reference must be formatted per APA and listed before the synopsis.
An annotated bibliography is a list of sources (books,journals, Web sites, periodicals, etc.) one has used for researching a topic (AnnotatedBibliographies, 2021).
For all sources used in your Literature Review youshould:
- You should have a minimum of 15 sources.
- Provide an APA formatted references (this should look like what you would include in a normal reference section.)
- Summarize the source and discuss the research study that was conducted and what the findings were.
- Assess the source and discuss how useful it is and how it compares with other sources in your paper.
- Reflect on how the source will be useful to you in your Literature Review. How does it help to shape your argument and how are you using it to shape your writing?
Each annotation should look like:
Author (year). Title of article. Title of Journal, Vol no(issue). Pg to pg., URL or doi
In your summary, you will begin with a discussion ofthe research question the study is attempting to answer. You will summarize theresearch that was conducted and the specific findings that were uncovered. Youwill then provide a summary of what this means for the topic.
Next, you will discuss how the source compares withother sources in your paper and how useful is the source in attributing to yourwriting.
Finally, you will discuss how the source is useful inyour Literature Review You will need to be specific on why it is important touse and exactly how you will use it in your writing to shape your arguments.
TOPIC: ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR